Monday, June 14, 2010

Jeollanamdon't mind if I do!



And, while I do love Yeosu in all of it's obvious glory, I take every opportunity to explore more of the province. This is largely because at the end of a one-week orientation, I was chucked solo into Yeosu and my friends and fellow waygooks were scattered far and wide. As such, it is awesomely easy to justify weekly visits to other pockets of Jeollanamdo. By the way, family and friends from home and environs; I no longer pronounce it Jello-lando....at least when sober.

Highlights of my ventures thus far include a trip to Mokpo for some fireworks and to rub shoulders with the Mokpo's finest. The latter is meant to include the likes of my friends who live there, and also the actual police. Ahem. We then took a ferry that smelled not at all of fish to what is known as "the love island". It was there that I felt too modest to wear just a bikini and thought it necessary to wear a large piece of seaweed as a cheeky skirt.

So, I've been to some beach parties, some house parties..and a good deal of Mini Stop parties. And, while it's hard to pick favourites; the novelty of pounding back some cheap as booze in public under a parasol, while summoning Korean locals who may, or may not, be of age to join in, has not yet worn off.


No comments:

Post a Comment