Tuesday, July 13, 2010

latentryaboutheworldcup

Yeah, Korea's been out of the World Cup for a a while now. Both Koreas, in fact. But since the World Cup itself is still recent enough to be relevant to the world via the many who care and the few who've since jumped on the bandwagon, I figured that I still had a window to write about Korea's showing.
To be fair, I honestly never even noticed the WC before I moved to Korea for this one. I had heard the words 'World Cup' before, but as far as my life goes, I was only familiar in terms of the school yard game by the same name, wherein teams of two adopt the name of a country and try to score on the same net as many other teams of two who've adopted the namesakes of other countries. It should probably be noted that Canada was not a popularly chosen country to represent among those playing this game.





Above is a photo of me watching the Korea vs. Uruguay game in Busan. It was pouring. In Korea, there is a country-wide belief that rain causes one to melt. But seriously, Koreans fear the rain like a mother. Which is hilarious because they have a Monsoon SEASON. But anyways, even the monsoon couldn't keep the Koreans off of the beach, where they gathered in droves and in ponchos.

1 comment:

  1. Diana, make sure you bring those glasses back to Canada. I think they are great.

    ReplyDelete